Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Voicemail To Text

With my new phone came the option to subscribe to the voicemail-to-text program called Visual Voicemail.  The service allows you to have your voicemail transcribed from voice into text and then presented within the Visual Voicemail client.  It does also give you the option to actually play the real voicemail so you can listen to what was really said.  The folks at Visual Voicemail have so kindly given me a one-month free trial on my new phone with, as it would appear, no way to disable it until said month is over.  I've already had my fill of that crap!  Here's an example (verbatim) of the way Visual Voicemail transcribed a voicemail message for me Sunday night from one of the supervisors where I work:

Hey beth this is bob from work check and I I think jim and said he called you wanna see you before...if you were gonna be able to make it in 3 or so if you can if you can't let me know how you're gonna emeco know we got to go to dinner tonight I'll be a little after for cruise to if you steve all right take care it's (actual phone number here) bye bye you.

The actual message was this:

Hey Beth, this is Bob from work.  Just checking, I think Jim Moon said he called you. Just wanna see if you were gonna be able to make it in at 3 or so.  If you can, if you can't, let me know.  I'll give Pam a call.  I know we got a new guard there tonight so it will be a little extra for Chris to get used to.  Alright, take care.  It's (actual phone number here).  Bye, Beth.

So, I'm thinking I'll pass on paying for Virtual Voicemail. 

2 comments:

  1. Ha ha ha ha. I had that too! It was hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Funny and irritating all at the same time... :)

      Delete