Saturday, September 29, 2012

Closing Up the Pool and Spiders

Today was the day to finally close the pool at 45 Pines.  For anyone who's ever done this, you know what a pain in the ass it can be.  This is only the second time I have done this, but it's the first time I have experienced the spiders in the pool.  I think there must have been a total of 10 or 11 in the pool and about 10 in the filter basket.  We're not just talking your average garden spider here...we're talking wolf spiders.  HUGE wolf spiders!  AND I HATE SPIDERS!!!!
V and I were kind of at a loss for how to get rid of them since she really didn't want to put them back in the yard.  They don't drown because they create a sack of air around them to sustain them in the water and they mostly float.  GROSS!!  She finally decided to fill a bucket half full of water and skim the spiders out and put them into the bucket.  Once we got them all, I sprayed killer spray on them to stun them.  She then took the bucket to the field across the street and tossed the contents out there.  I was successfully CREEPED out, but I did manage to be brave enough to take some pictures along the way (nightmare to follow, I'm sure).
 
Not a close up shot...too freaked out at first.

 
Close up shot.
 
 
Some of the spiders balled up around each other for some reason...YUCK!
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment