Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Tom Snow featuring Warren Wiebe - "That's What Love Can Do"

I received my Tom Snow Original Demos cd featuring Warren Wiebe last Thursday (see this post).
I have listened to it several times in the last few days and have decided that track 8 is my absolute favorite from this album.  It's called "That's What Love Can Do." It's such a beautiful song and Warren's voice is superb on this one. Tom Snow comments on the track himself, "Though the country pop group Mid Country made a terrific recording of it, there's no substitute for Warren." Listen and see if you agree.




I used to try to stand alone
Walk through this world on my own
Never thought I’d need help from anyone
So proud, so unafraid
I lived by the mistakes I made
Never stopped to think ‘til the damage was done
When you came along my hopes were runnin’ low
But you made me strong
Taught me how to trust someone
To carry on, and I now I know

That’s what love can do
When you’re down on your knees
It’ll reach out for you
Lift you up and pull you through
Oh, it’s true, that’s what love can do

I wish everybody else could find
A love as sweet as yours and mine
I know they’d understand what I’m trying to say
Just trust your heart and be strong
‘Til that right one comes along.
You know it happens, it happens every day
One day you’re lost, shiverin’ out in the cold
Next day you’ll find
Somebody’s taken hold of your heart and soul
Then you'll know

That’s what love can do
When you’re down on your knees
It’ll reach out for you
Lift you up and pull you through
Oh it’s true, that’s what love can do

It’ll take ahold of your heart and soul
And then you’ll know

That’s what love can do
When you’re down on your knees
It’ll reach out for you
Lift you up and pull you through
Oh it’s true, that’s what love can do



5 comments:

  1. I haven't received my CD yet ...

    As for the song, the words are are interesting considering the fact that Warren committed suicide. Obviously he did not find inspiration in the music he sang.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to think that about Warren when I would hear some of the demos he sang. I know someone with schizophrenia and I have come to realize, that if untreated (with meds), his thinking becomes extremely irrational. I can't imagine the kind of fear someone with (untreated) schizophrenia has to endure. Who knows what was going on in Warren's mind when he decided to end his life. His demons were his own. It's such a sad thing, but I'm grateful he had enough time on this earth to share his beautiful voice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Considering there is next to nothing available to the public about Warren's suicide, it is hard to imagine how someone so gifted and so full of promise would choose to go that route. For me, battling depression over a long period of time, especially without a diagnosis or medication, altered my perception of reality. I still can't wrap my head around my own choice of suicide as an option.

    ReplyDelete
  4. good night music. considering this wouldn't be available to the major public, you must post the full album for listening.
    I don't understand these "exclusive labels" and their limited editions.

    ReplyDelete