Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Sadness Part 2

The sadness will never completely go away, but it has mostly turned into relief. M lost her battle with cancer last Friday morning around 7:30. Since I was on vacation that day with my family, I received my notification around 8:30. I was saddened and yet relieved that the suffering and waiting for the inevitable was finally over for her, but mostly for her family. What a difficult last couple of weeks this must have been.

I was asked Friday afternoon if I could get the music together for the slide show her family wanted to put together for the visitation. Of course, I was more than happy to do that and spent several hours Saturday morning getting that stuff together so J could make the 45 min trip into Findlay to pick it up.

I did attend the visitation yesterday evening...it was hard, but I'm glad I got a chance to see a portion of the slide show that was playing on the church wall that had pictures of M looking healthy and smiling in every one of them...she was a beautiful person with a beautiful soul. She will be missed forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment