Thursday, June 21, 2012

Thursday Thoughts

Why is it necessary for the big studio execs (writers, directors, producers) to redo movies to satisfy some younger generation's desire for "bigger and better?" Or maybe it's not the younger generation of movie go-ers, but the money hungry and arrogant execs who think they can out-do the last guy...either way, it sorta bugs me.  I tried watching the new 'Psycho' - boy, did that suck! The new 'Friday the 13th' and 'Halloween' movies (Rob Zombie style) just pissed me off.  'Footloose'?  Don't even get me started on that one!  Now I read that somebody wants to revamp 'It' because he thinks Pennywise the Clown needs a makeover...say what?!! He's one of the scariest movie monsters of all time!!  Take a hike Mr. Cary Fukunaga!  I also read that Portia de Rossi is trying her hand at playing Lillian Munster on a "new" series based on the 'Munsters'. Why not just leave well enough alone?   And as if all the 'Superman' movies aren't enough, somebody's gotta try to make more money off that franchise by releasing yet another movie.  Enough is enough!

Summer projects seem to suck whenever I'm involved.  I think there must be some brain cells jumbled in my head that make me think that the project I pick to do will not be as difficult or as time consuming or as expensive as it always turns out to be.  I need to start psyching myself mentally into an understanding that all projects are gonna be a pain in the ass!

I really wish I could go back in time (knowing what I know now) and stay in bed a little longer on Saturdays instead of waking my parents up at the crack of dawn to ask them if I could turn cartoons on.  I should have let them sleep in a little longer like I want to and get to do now.

Speaking of cartoons...I feel sorry for the kids of today that think the cartoons they get to watch on Saturday morning (or after school) are of good quality.

I am really good at saying tongue twisters.  Here's my favorite one. (I do wonder what the answer really is)-
If one doctor doctors another doctor,
does the doctor who doctors the doctor
doctor the doctor the way the doctor he is doctoring doctors?
Or does he doctor the doctor the way the doctor who doctors doctors?

If I could make a living at being sarcastic, I would be a billionaire a billion times over.

There was a pro-life billboard that was displayed near the house for several months that had a picture of a newborn baby that proclaimed: "I could dream before I was born." Really?  What frame of reference would an unborn baby need to dream?  What unseen images would an unborn baby dream about?

I'm glad Thursday exists...it makes it easier to see the approaching end of the work week.










No comments:

Post a Comment